[Users] Upgrade from 3.3.1-2 el6 to 3.3.2

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 15:12:48 UTC 2013

Il 16/12/2013 15:37, Sven Kieske ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> got a question regarding engine upgrades:
>
> My current setup:
>
> I got 3.3.1-2.el6 installed from ovirt-beta repo
> and want to upgrade to 3.3.2 RC.
>
> According to:
> http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3.2_release_notes
> "oVirt 3.3.2 release candidate is available for testing. In order to
> install it you've to enable ovirt-updates-testing repository."
> I need ovirt-updates-testing enabled?

yes. I've not sent the announce yet because a last minute mail warned about a possible bug
(http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/22412/) that may be worth a respin of the RC.

> Shall I disable ovirt-beta repo?

not relevant since 3.3.1-2 packages are also in stable.
you'll need ovirt-beta repo only if you have installed 3.3.2 beta (for rollback)

> Additional info: the base os is still CentOS 6.4
> Did anyone perform an inplace upgrade to 6.5?
> Is this recommended?

I've not tested it but I think 6.5 is required if you need cloud-init to work.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com