[Users] simple networking? [SOLVED] mostly

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 19:09:28 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Just to make sure i get it right:

You're attempting to install a host which is configured:
eth0 --- eth0.128 (which has a static ip configured)

When you install the host, you provide as address either the ip of eth0.128
as you configured manually or a fqdn which is resolved to the same ip.

'ovirtmgmt' logical network definition is a vm network tagged with 128.

Can you provide the from the output of 'getCapabilities' from the vdsm.log
immediately after vdsm starts during the installation the value of 'lastClientIface' ?
Or even better - the entire output of 'getCapabilities' (which will indicate that
vdsm reports properly the required information about the nic it should configure).

Could you confirm the above and provide the missing pieces ?