[Users] VirtIO Console Device Enabled option?

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Thu Dec 19 19:23:44 UTC 2013

I guess it is for this:

http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/new-virtioconsole-infrastructure-introduced-kvm-84

The latest release of kvm-84 adds a new virtio console infrastructure to
qemu. This is basically a new hypervisor console output in addition to
the serial and parallel port consoles. You can toggle the display of
these character based consoles by typing ctrl-alt-n where n is the
number assigned to the console. Currently only a single virtual console
is supported for the virtio-console device but the infrastructure allow
for assignment of hardware based consoles in future.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego
Netbulae B.V.