[Users] VM payload

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Fri Dec 20 15:04:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I created a vdsm hook script for passing payload information (vm name)
to a virtual machine, which is placed in before_vm_start folder on my
hypervisor (CentOS 6.5).

If I create a new virtual machine out of a template some strange things
happen:
When starting the vm the first time I can see that the vdsm script is
executed, but no additional cd drive is shown in this vm. But after
shutting down the vm and powering on again, the cd drive appears.

Here's the vdsm hook I use:
https://raw.github.com/ovido/ovirt-stuff/master/hooks/50_payload

I don't really get why the payload isn't working when starting a vm the
first time.
This happen on oVirt 3.2 and 3.3.

Thanks a lot for help!

--