[Users] disable EnableMACAntiSpoofingFilterRules per VM

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Thu Dec 26 09:06:19 UTC 2013

> what will be the default action for my VMs? Filter or not filter?
> So I gave to alter EnableMACAntiSpoofingFilterRules as well?

The default is to filter. You'll have to add a VM or VNIC custom property
and set the value to False whenever you want to disable the filtering.

> What about conflicting values between VM and VNIC. Which has precedence
> over the other?

You would think that anything VNIC specific would take precedence, but with
how the code is implemented at this time, before_device_create is called
for all devices, and before_vm_create is called after that. That means
that whatever is defined at the VM level will take precedence.

Assaf Muller, Cloud Networking Engineer
Red Hat