[Users] Map disk UUID to guest or disk name?

Blaster blaster at 556nato.com
Sat Dec 28 04:09:01 UTC 2013

On an Ovirt datastore the disk image names for the guests are named with an unfriendly UUID name.   Is there any way to map that back to the human readable name given int the GUI?

It would be nice if this name was dropped in as a field in the .meta file.  I see there is a DESCRIPTION= field, but it’s blank.  I tried updating the description in the GUI, but it’s still blank  (bug, or do I have to update something?  I tried deact/activate the disk and it still didn’t update…)