[Users] Testday aftermath

Shireesh Anjal sanjal at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 12:31:03 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 05:13 PM, noc wrote:
> On 1-2-2013 11:07, Kanagaraj wrote:
>> Hi Joop,
>>
>>  Looks like the problem is because of the glusterfs version you are
>> using. vdsm could not parse the output from gluster.
>>
>>  Can you update the glusterfs to
>> http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/v3.4.0qa7/x86_64/ and
>> check it out?
> How??
>
> I tried adding this repo but but yum says that there are no updates
> available, atleast yesterday it did.
>
> [gluster-nieuw]
> name=GlusterFS
> baseurl=http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/stage/
> gpgcheck=0
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-Gluster
> enabled=1
>
> My yumfoo isn't that good so I don't know how to force it. Besides I
> tried through yum localinstall but it will revert when yum update is
> run. It looks like it thinks that 3.3.1 is newer than 3.4

The problem is that, released glusterfs rpms in fedora repository are of
the form 3.3.1-8, whereas the ones from above QA release are v3.4.0qa7.
I think because of the "v" before 3.4, these are considered as lower
version, and by default yum picks up the rpms from fedora repository.

To work around this issue, you could try:

yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="gluster-nieuw" install glusterfs
glusterfs-fuse glusterfs-geo-replication glusterfs-server