[Users] VM migrations failing

Dead Horse deadhorseconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:29:49 UTC 2013

To test further I loaded up two more identical servers with EL 6.3 and the
same package versions originally indicated. The difference here is that I
did not turn these into ovirt nodes. EG: installing VDSM.

- All configurations were left at defaults on both servers
- iptables and selinux disabled on both servers
- verified full connectivty between both servers
- setup ssh (/root/authorized keys) between the servers --> this turned out
to be the key!

Then using syntax found here:
http://libvirt.org/migration.html#flowpeer2peer
EG: From the source server I issued the following:

virsh migrate --p2p sl63 qemu+ssh://192.168.1.2/system

It fails in exactly the same way as previously indicated when the
destination server does not have an ssh rsa pub ID from the source system
in it's /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file.
However once the ssh rsa pub ID is in place on the destination system all
is well and migrations work as expected.

Next I tried the same on the identical servers acting as ovirt nodes. (EG:
installed with and running VDSM) The above did not do the trick, still
fails the same exact way. Thus this leads me to believe something with VDSM
or a configuration alteration made by it is to blame.

I should note that I have SSL=disabled on my engine/nodes
EG: vdc_options --> SSLEnabled = false, UseSecureConnectionWithServers =
false, EnableSpiceRootCertificateValidation = false

vdsm.conf (same on both nodes):
[addresses]
management_port = 54321

[vars]
ssl = false

libvirtd.conf alterations by VDSM (same on both nodes excluding host_uuid)

## beginning of configuration section by vdsm-4.9.11 <-- BTW this does not
match the running build of VDSM on the system which is actually build from
commit: c343e1833f7b6e5428dd90f14f7807dca1baa0b4 (vdsm-4.10.2-12.el6.x86_64,
"-12" is my own internal counter)
listen_addr="0.0.0.0"
unix_sock_group="kvm"
unix_sock_rw_perms="0770"
auth_unix_rw="sasl"
host_uuid="1d465e80-1e48-474f-b52d-f5aeda9f6a7a"
log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirtd.log"
log_filters="1:libvirt 3:event 3:json 1:util 1:qemu"
auth_tcp="none"
listen_tcp=1
listen_tls=0
## end of configuration section by vdsm-4.9.11 <-- Does not match running
VDSM version#

qemu.conf alterations by VDSM (same on both nodes)

## beginning of configuration section by vdsm-4.9.11 <-- Does not match
running VDSM version#
dynamic_ownership=0
spice_tls=0
save_image_format="lzop"
lock_manager="sanlock"
auto_dump_path="/var/log/core"
## end of configuration section by vdsm-4.9.11 <-- Does not match running
VDSM version#

- DHC