[Users] 3.2 beta and f18 host on dell R815 problem

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:57:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Dan Kenigsberg  wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:57:38PM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> Output of command
>> # virsh capabilities
>> on this host
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mveG5OaVBZN1VENlU/edit
>
> I, and list archive viewers, prefer in-lining such output. It seems to be
> lacking "svm" - could it be that you need to enable it in BIOS?
>
>   <host>
>     <uuid>44454c4c-5600-1059-8047-cac04f4e344a</uuid>
>     <cpu>
>       <arch>x86_64</arch>
>       <model>Opteron_G3</model>
>       <vendor>AMD</vendor>
>       <topology sockets='1' cores='6' threads='1'/>
>       <feature name='nodeid_msr'/>
>       <feature name='wdt'/>
>       <feature name='skinit'/>
>       <feature name='ibs'/>
>       <feature name='osvw'/>
>       <feature name='3dnowprefetch'/>
>       <feature name='cr8legacy'/>
>       <feature name='extapic'/>
>       <feature name='cmp_legacy'/>
>       <feature name='3dnow'/>
>       <feature name='3dnowext'/>
>       <feature name='pdpe1gb'/>
>       <feature name='fxsr_opt'/>
>       <feature name='mmxext'/>
>       <feature name='ht'/>
>       <feature name='vme'/>
>     </cpu>

Hi Dan,
keep in mind that my error was to point in webadmin gui to an ip that
was not the one of the intended node...

but this
virsh capabilities
command was indeed run on the Opteron node (that I was able to
activate when using right ip in webadmin...)

Indeed this thing that connecting to the node and running this command
I didn't see the "svm" flag was one that contributed in my not being
aware of my first time error....
But as you saw in another mail of this thread, the host has
virtualization feature enabled in bios. Screenshots' links of bios
settings posted here:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011976.html

As I wrote in another thread related to the same host, it is indeed
not well identified:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-January/011997.html

it appears as 8-sockets 6-cores while it actually has 4-sockets 12-core each
screenshot of host in gui already posted is anyway here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvdjdYNjVfT2NWY0U/edit

I'm available to further debug if requested...

Gianluca