[Users] 3.2 beta and f18 host on dell R815 problem

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:55:11 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> I see that /proc/cpuinfo DOES have svm, but libvirt does not recognize
> it. Maybe our friendly libvirt developers (CCed) could help with the
> debugging. Which version of libvirt are you using? Could you dump
> your /proc/cpuinfo somewhere?
>
> Dan.

libvirt-0.10.2.2-3.fc18.x86_64

full cpuinfo output here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvMUVkNWp0SC11MTQ/edit?usp=sharing

BTW: when I configure a server as an oVirt node its libvirtd.conf is
modified by vdsm, so that I can't run anymore the command

virsh capabilities

My host, after successfully install now gives me:

[root at f18ovn03 ~]# virsh capabilities
Please enter your authentication name:

do I have to pass any particular connection parameters for vdsm to get
the output again? What to use as authentication name and password?

Gianluca