[Users] Connecting with vnc to a VM defined as spice

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:52:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2013, at 18:53, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have a Windows XP VM  in 3.2 beta defined as spice.
>>
>> If I want to connect from a client that only has vnc (a Mac for
>> example) how can I do from User Portal?
>> Even if the VM is powered off then I power it on, on the right I see
>> only spice as an option...
> Did you change it in Edit VM dialog? It needs to be switched to vnc there, under Console tab.
> I wonder if it works anyway, I noticed yesterday on live image 3.2 that it doesn't work - please let us know

When you say edit, you say with vm powered off? Or is it a parameter I
can change dynamically?
In the first case, this means a running vm you can only connect to it
one mode and power off if you want to change?

In the mean time I powered off and changed the configuration and set
to vnc but it seems it didn't work.
I get the message regarding ip:port and password in web admin portal,
but when I try to connect I don't even get the prompt for password,
but an error.

I tried with novnc and tigervnc from a fedora 17 laptop.

Let me know how to test further in case.

Gianluca