[Users] adding multiple interfaces with different networks

Kevin Maziere Aubry kevin.maziere at alterway.fr
Mon Feb 4 17:16:01 UTC 2013

Hi

Ovirt:  3.2

I agree, I removed it on a DC that has no host and the option on the
network tree is removed.
But when I add host to the DC again, and edit their network interface, the
ovirtgmgt is seen with the "vm" icon.
And the ovirtmgmt is configured has static, and I can't change that.
Also the ovirtmgmt network is mark "unsynchronized", I don't know what it
mean and how to fix it
http://www.ovirt.org/SetupNetworks_SyncNetworks#How_to_Sync_Network.3F
Also I can't add a network to the host, I have no error message, but in
events I can see
Bridged network Internet is attached to multiple interfaces: <UNKNOWN> on
Host node2.
Host node1's following network(s) are not synchronized with their Logical
Network configuration: ovirtmgmt.
So I think that unsync network cause all my trouble.

Kevin

2013/2/4 Mike Kolesnik <mkolesni at redhat.com>

> ------------------------------
>
> Hi
>
> Hi Kevin,
>

> I've tested to uncheck the box "vm network" on ovirt 3.2 and there is an
> error message saying that the interface must be remove on all hosts
> (hypervisor) that are using it.
> The VM network is separate from the admin network, so I sound like a bug :(
>
> It isn't a bug, it is a check that is being made to make sure nothing will
> "break" if you change a network's property (VM or not, the VLAN ID, the
> MTU).
> If you have a host that already has this network set-up on it, then it
> will become unsynchronized with the logical definition of the network,
> meaning that it might fail to run your VMs.
>
> This is why it states that in order to change any of these properties, you
> need to remove the network from the host.
>
> If you want to change these properties on a management network, then the
> data center that has this network mustn't have any hosts when you change
> the properties.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> Kevin
>

> 2013/1/23 Mike Kolesnik <mkolesni at redhat.com>
>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have exactly the same issue.
>> This mean that a 1Gb (at least) interface must be dedicated to the
>> ovirtmgmt interface, which is not a good idea.
>>
>> Can you please try marking the ovirtmgmt network as "non-vm" network,
>> syncing it with the hosts, and then try to add VLAN networks on the same
>> bond (or interface)?
>>
>> You should probably do this with latest versions of oVirt/VDSM.
>>
>>  Kevin
>>

>> 2012/12/26 Jonathan Horne <jhorne at skopos.us>
>>
>>>   2012-12-26 16:48:56,416 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.BrokerCommandBase]
>>> (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-8) [2d2d6184] Failed in SetupNetworksVDS method
>>> 2012-12-26 16:48:56,417 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.BrokerCommandBase]
>>> (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-8) [2d2d6184] Error code ERR_BAD_BONDING and error
>>> message VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to SetupNetworksVDS,
>>> error = bonding 'bond2' is already member of network 'ovirtmgmt'
>>> 2012-12-26 16:48:56,418 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.BrokerCommandBase]
>>> (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-8) [2d2d6184]
>>> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSErrorException:
>>> VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to SetupNetworksVDS, error =
>>> bonding 'bond2' is already member of network 'ovirtmgmt'
>>> 2012-12-26 16:48:56,418 ERROR
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VDSCommandBase] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-8)
>>> [2d2d6184] Command SetupNetworksVDS execution failed. Exception:
>>> RuntimeException:
>>> org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VDSErrorException:
>>> VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to SetupNetworksVDS, error =
>>> bonding 'bond2' is already member of network 'ovirtmgmt'
>>>

>>>  so im guessing… i can't have my vlan3204 or vlan3202 share an
>>> interface with ovirtmgmt?
>>>
>>>  [root at d0lppc021 ~]# rpm -qa|grep ovirt
>>> ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-cli-3.1.0.7-1.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-image-uploader-3.1.0-16.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-backend-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-tools-common-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-iso-uploader-3.1.0-16.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-genericapi-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-config-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-log-collector-3.1.0-16.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-restapi-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-userportal-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-notification-service-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-dbscripts-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch
>>> ovirt-engine-jbossas711-1-0.x86_64
>>> ovirt-engine-setup-3.1.0-3.19.el6.noarch