[Users] How to import KVM machines into oVirt iSCSI

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Tue Feb 5 15:45:42 UTC 2013

Le 04/02/2013 16:17, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
> Now, the problem comes with migrating windows vmachines. I read here
> at 3.3.1.2 :
> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.1/html/V2V_Guide/sect-RHEV_Converting_a_Virtual_Machine.html#sect-Preparing_to_Convert_a_Virtual_Machine
>

> that I had to install three things, more or less optional : -
> virtio-win (this one seems mandatory, as I'm getting the error :
> virt-v2v: blah blah blah missing :
> /usr/share/virtio-win/drivers/i386/WinXP or whatever windows OS - I
> tried many) - libguestfs-winsupport (I don't know whether it is
> mandatory, as I'm hitting the bug above.It seems important as it
> seems related to the file system, so quite useful) - Guest Tools ISO
> (this one seems to be similar to VmWare tools, if I understood it
> well), so I don't know if it's an improvement only, neither where to
> find it for oVirt and Fedora.
>
> Regards,

Hu ho, I think I hit this bug :

http://thr3ads.net/libguestfs/2011/11/1623975-Virtio-win-RPM
and
http://thr3ads.net/libguestfs/2011/11/1624040-Windows-P2V-migration-temporary-recipe

I have a RHN account, so I was able to download the missing virtio-win
rpm and install it on F17 (seemless).
Import is now working for windows guest, though some more errors are to
be treated manually (eth virtio errors), but harmless.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot