[Users] error using cli on ovirt 3.1

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:46:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> progress. Restored pki files from backup. Still had to reset
> AdminPassword. Able to login to the gui. All hosts are "unresponsive". The
> SPM host is just totally locked (but fine from it's console - idle).
>
> Tried to reinstall one of the hosts and got a new error message:
>
> Error:
>
> vmhost5:
>
>    - size must be between 0 and 50

vmhost2 is locked as SPM host and nothing seems to allow it to be reset.
Found the following in engine.log:

 2013-02-06 10:42:51,809 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VdsBrokerCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-64) XML RPC error in command GetCapabilitiesVDS (
Vds: vmhost2 ), the error was: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException, SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
2013-02-06 10:42:51,818 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-57) Failed to decryptData must start with zero
2013-02-06 10:42:52,513 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-62) Failed to decryptData must start with zero
2013-02-06 10:42:53,245 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils.EncryptionUtils]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-60) Failed to decryptData must start with zero

This repeats every few seconds.

None of the vmhosts have the usual vdsm running profiles. They all have:

19343 ?        S<     0:00 /bin/bash -e /usr/share/vdsm/respawn
--minlifetime 10 --daemon --masterpid /var/run/vdsm/respawn.pid
/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm
19346 ?        S<l    0:02 /usr/bin/python /usr/share/vdsm/vdsm
19366 ?        S<     0:00 /usr/bin/sudo -n /usr/bin/python
/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsmServer.py 414b69cd-383b-48af-a82a-7f1d042608e3
19346
19367 ?        S<l    0:00 /usr/bin/python
/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsmServer.py 414b69cd-383b-48af-a82a-7f1d042608e3
19346

Expected to see may [vdsmd] entries in ps ax output.

> [...]
>>>                  feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten
>>>                   > the dog.
>>>                   > - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>>>                   > ////
>>>                   > http://electjimkinney.org
>>>                   > http://heretothereideas.__blog**spot.com/<http://blogspot.com/>
>>>         <http://heretothereideas.**blogspot.com/<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>
>>> >
>>>                   > ////
>>>                   >
>>>                   >
>>>                   >
>>>                   > ______________________________**___________________
>>>
>>>                   > Users mailing list
>>>                   > Users at ovirt.org <mailto:Users at ovirt.org>
>>>         <mailto:Users at ovirt.org <mailto:Users at ovirt.org>>

>>>                  --
>>>
>>>                  Michael Pasternak
>>>                  RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D
>>>

>>>              --
>>>              --
>>>              James P. Kinney III
>>>              ////
>>>              ////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a
>>>         jail.
>>>              What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like
>>>         feeding a
>>>              dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
>>>              - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>>>              ////
>>>         http://electjimkinney.org
>>>         http://heretothereideas.__blog**spot.com/ <http://blogspot.com/>
>>>
>>>         <http://heretothereideas.**blogspot.com/<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>
>>> >
>>>              ////
>>>

>>>         --
>>>         --
>>>         James P. Kinney III
>>>         ////
>>>         ////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail.
>>>         What
>>>         you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a
>>>         dog on
>>>         his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
>>>         - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>>>         ////
>>>         http://electjimkinney.org
>>>         http://heretothereideas.__blog**spot.com/ <http://blogspot.com/>
>>>         <http://heretothereideas.**blogspot.com/<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>
>>> >
>>>         ////

>>>     --
>>>     Dirección Comercial: C/Jose Bardasano Baos, 9, Edif. Gorbea 3,
>>>     planta 3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain
>>>     Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B82657941 - Red Hat
>>>     S.L.

>> --
>> Dirección Comercial: C/Jose Bardasano Baos, 9, Edif. Gorbea 3, planta
>> 3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain
>> Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B82657941 - Red Hat S.L.
>>

> --
> --
> James P. Kinney III
> *
> *Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you
> gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain