[Users] how to add a user

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 04:30:34 UTC 2013

Please check if you see errors at logs - /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine-manage-domains.log
And let us know what are the errors.
As Itamar asked - what is the directory service you are using? (what parameter is passed to -provider option?)
Since we use kerberos authentication, there are some configurations that should be taken care of (have SRV records for the domain for
both kerberos and ldap -
check -

dig SRV _ldap._tcp.your.domain.com
dig SRV _kerberos._tcp.your.domain.com
dig SRV _kerberos._udp.your.domain.com

You should also have a PTR record to your directory service machine.

You also need to have a time difference between your oVirt engine machine and the directory service machine of no more than +- 5 minutes.

Hope this helps out,
Yair