[Users] virt-v2v fail - GuestfsHandle.pm error + Redhat.pm error

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Fri Feb 8 07:20:52 UTC 2013

Le 07/02/2013 18:28, Gianluca Cecchi a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
>
>>> sh: sh:  at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/GuestfsHandle.pm
>>> line 200.
>>>   at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/Converter/RedHat.pm line
>>> 2321
>>

>> I don't mind the warnings and I also had such errors I was able to correct
>> manually.
>>
>> But here, the last two lines are lethal.
>>
>> It seems oVirt tries to guess which OS is imported, and tries to do specific
>> actions, and do them bad.
>> Either there's a way o prevent oVirt from guessing, either there's a way to
>> correct the actions oVirt is failing to do...
>
> I think you had better to tell which version of virt-v2v and on which platform.
> eg:
> virt-v2v-0.8.7-7.el6_3.x86_64 on CentOS 6.3
>
> otherwise the lines referred could not be the same as yours...
>
> Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

Thank you for your answer. You are right, I have to precise the versions
implied.

- Fedora 17 64 bits
- virt-v2v.x86_64    version 0.8.8-1.fc17
- every ovirt component is of the family 3.1.0-4.fc17

I installed nothing exotic nor special. Just following the oVirt website
doc.

Do I have to debug the perl script, or is there an option I can tweak in
the virt-v2v command?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot