[Users] Add NIC directly to VM (Dedicated)

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 12:09:13 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 05:07:08PM +0100, Matt . wrote:

> 2013/2/10 Shahar Havivi <shaharh at redhat.com>
>
> > On 10.02.13 16:36, Matt . wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm thinking about the way how I did that with the dedicated NIC to the
> > VM.
> > > I was discussing this a couple of months ago on IRC but I can't remeber
> > and
> > > I already tried to do this... no luck yet. I remember that the NICS were
> > > just available when adding a nic to the VM, by MAC-address. Can't figure
> > it
> > > out yet what I did those except of not sleeping that much :)
> > I don't remember that, sorry...
> > >
> > > About the error that I get I do the following:
> > >

> > > Hosts > Network Interfaces > Setup Host Networks.
> > >
> > > When I drag a network I created to a NIC and I don't set an IP or DHCP or
> > > None I get that error: "Error while executing action Setup Networks:
> > > Illegal or Incomplete IP Address"
> > >
> > > When I set and IP to that network that is draaged to the Nic I don't get
> > an
> > > error, but why only and IP and no GW as this is IP seems to be bridged in
> > > the host to the VM where you add a Nic to with that same network you just
> > > gave an IP.
> > >
> > > When saying the above, could have been possible that I have set the
> > > Mac-Address of the real Nic @ the VM Nic ? As this is possible that might
> > > have been the solution I used ?
> > >
> > > For the rest this software is good and the support is superb!
> > I can't reproduce this error,

Neither do I. Which ovirt-engine version do you have installed?

> > its look like UI validation...
> > Alona,Moti did you encounter this error?

> Here: http://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg06261.html

Do you mean that your issue is the same? Does it go away if you make
sure that the ip and subnet fields are blank (even when you select
None)?

Would you attach the vdsm.log section with 'call setupNetwork', and
maybe a screenshot of the dialog that is opened after you press the
little pencil?

Dan.