[Users] HA wirh oVirt

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 20:49:18 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Santos [santosam72 at gmail.com]
To: Jorick Astrego [jorick at netbulae.eu]
CC: users at oVirt.org [users at ovirt.org]
Subject: Re: [Users] HA wirh oVirt

2013/2/13 Jorick Astrego <jorick at netbulae.eu>:
> On 02/13/2013 04:47 PM, Alexandre Santos wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I've been asked for a HA solution and I've been testing oVirt with a
> NFS NAS and 2 hosts where I run 2 VMs that have a balancer at their
> front, each on a different host. Now I'm thinking on the possibility
> of a host malfunction and my question is: is there automatic migration
> of the VMs that are running on this host to the other host?
> Sorry if it is a silly question :-)
>
> Alex
>
> Bit of a silly question as it is listed on the homepage
> (http://www.ovirt.org) ;->
>
> Packed with features
>
> choice of stand-alone Hypervisor or install-on-top of your existing Linux
> installation
> high availability
> live migration
> scheduled migration
> Web-based management interface
> iSCSI, FC, NFS, and local storage
>

> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Jorick Astrego
>
> Netbulae B.V.
> Site:  http://www.netbulae.eu

Hi :-)
I've been migrating VMs using the web administration but I need Power
Management on each host so that the engine detects that a host is
down, right?

Alex

[DF] Power management needed so the engine will be able to fence the malfunctioned host, and only then the VM will auto-migrate. This ensures the VM will not run twice on different hosts while corrupting the disks.