[Users] How do Networks and Vlan-tagging work in oVirt ?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:53:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Mike Kolesnik wrote:

>> "client" will have ip of the form
>> 10.10.10.x/24 with gw 10.10.10.1
>>
>> and eventually I would like to give an ip address to the created bond
>> itself. Can I?
>
> You can specify IP & Netmask statically on the interface that you attach the network to on the host.
> During the setup networks command you can see a "pencil" button on the network which is on an interface (bond or NIC), click it and then you can
> see the boot protocol options.

aha, ok... sorry I misunderstood

I thought I had to edit the bond itself in "Setup host networks" screen:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvSDZqcU95MXlDMDA/edit?usp=sharing

Instead I have to edit the network (named "client" in my case):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvYU1NVWNRVW0yUkE/edit?usp=sharing

and there I can see the network parameters and boot protocols.
All right now..
Thanks
Gianluca