[Users] [Best practice] NFS export domain served by oVirt manager?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:21:01 UTC 2013

I set up my exports domain on a host node since it had space and the export
process will be rarely used in my case. Since your use will also be seldom,
the only consideration is bandwidth and space. NFS can easily run on the
engine machine as the default ISO domain indicates. One more share will
make little difference in that system's performance.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a simple question about what is the best practice about the
> location of a NFS export domain.
>
> At present, I'm using a server as the oVirt manager, and this server is
> also a NFS server for the ISO storage domain.
>
> I'm using another server to serve an NFS export domain, but I'm thinking
> of changing that.
>
> Is there any advice against the decision to host the export domain NFS on
> the same server as the manager?
> For the time being, I will mainly use this export storage domain to rarely
> import some p2v imports, but I don't need performance.
>
> Your opinion?
>
> --
> Nicolas Ecarnot

James P. Kinney III