[Users] Lost our management server.. have DB backup but no /etc/pki/

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Feb 17 08:26:34 UTC 2013

On 17/02/2013 04:17, Saint Keimond wrote:
> Hello,
>    We lost our Fedora 17 server with ovirt 3.1 on it. We have a good
> database backup but do not have have any certificates. From what I read,
> it is possible to still do a restore.. we just have to rejoin all the
> nodes so that they get a new certificate.
>
> I've tried to bring the database in to a fresh 3.1 install and a fresh
> 3.2 install.. with no success on either. I need some helping figuring
> this out :)
>

> Thanks,
>     David

i don't remember the exact process of the top of my head, but it should
be either:
1. restore db, then install ovirt (exact same version by re-using the
    db.
2. install ovirt, restore the db over it, and fix some config entries to
correctly map the new certificates.

then just remove hosts and re-add them to generate new certs for them
(or just move them to maint and re-install them via the link that should
appear in the general subtab)