[Users] Lost our management server.. have DB backup but no /etc/pki/

Alexandru Vladulescu avladulescu at bfproject.ro
Mon Feb 18 13:18:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

Because I have foreseen this situation on my side for future upgrades
and fail-over cases, I did a simpler .sh script with a crontab to run on
a nightly basis.

I have attached the script here for you and others to use it and don't
bump in the future in such problems with your sistem.

In a recovery case, you just need to stop ovirt-engine, jboss and insert
the saved db dump, and overwrite /etc/pki/ovirt-engine directory with
the certificates from the dump archive.

Of course the script could be developed even further to send email or
SMS text notifications in case of a trouble but this was written in less
then 10 minutes. Adapt it for you needs ! I use NFS share and paths.

Hope it helps !

Cheers,
Alex.