[Users] USB dongle (sigh...)

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 15:00:39 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

a gongle is an active device, not a passivce storage device so that won't work.

You'll need to use usb redirection into the guest.
Two ways of doing that - you can configure native USB support with spice and pass through the dongle from your machine to the VM or you can use a hook[1] to pass the dongle from the host itself to the VM

[1] http://wiki.ovirt.org/VDSM-Hooks/hostusb