[Users] update form 3.2 nightly to 3.2 final

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:26:28 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have an environment with one engine server and one host, both fedora
18 with nightly repo enabled and at level 3.2.0-1.20130123.git2ad65d0.

I made these steps, as it is a lab:

- stop all VMs
- enable stable and disable nightly in ovirt repo file for both servers
- yum update ovirt-engine-setup on engine
- engine-upgrade on engine

SO far so good all went ok.
I can connect to engine and I see now in wa portal:
Welcome to Open Virtualization Manager.
Version 3.2.0-4.fc18

with my host and my VMs that are all there.

What would be the correct approach now to update the host?

- Put it in maintenance and deploy from gui?
- delete and reinstall?

BTW, In general is it supported to have engine at a slightly higher
version than nodes, when updates arrive?

Thanks in advance
Gianluca