[Users] 3.1 and centos 6.3 problem

Fernando Ariel Martinez fmartinez at uns.edu.ar
Tue Feb 19 11:21:43 UTC 2013

I have installed ovirt 3.1 according to the instructions in "Integrating
Gluster storage into oVirt" - by Robert Middleswarth, linked in
http://wiki.ovirt.org/Documentation.
I was able to complete the instructions successfully but I have problems
when a need to create a VM. Especifically when I need to allocate space
for the virtual disk.

I have:
1 ovirt engine server, (admin)
2 nodes, IBM System x 3650M3 (nodo1, nodo2)
1 switch cisco SG 300-20 (to connect them)

I created a VM (vm1).
When I add a 10GB preallocated disk to vm1, after a few seconds the
ovirt engine server loses the connection with the node SPM.
I can see in the events tab "Invalid status on Data Center Default.
Setting status to Non-Responsive."
Then, the SPM changes to the other node. At last, in the events tab I
can see "Operation Add-Disk failed to complete on VM vm1."

I have set SELinux in permissive mode. I have also disabled iptables.
In the ovirt engine server there are an ISO domain, called iso, (NFS
Export Path: admin.cluster:/nfs/iso) and an Export domain, called exp,
(NFS Export Path: admin.cluster:/nfs/export).
In each node with gluster, the /data directory is used to create the
volume vol1 (type: Replicate)
The Data domain is called vms (NFS Export Path: localhost:/vol1).

Some help wil be appreciated

Fernando M.
Lic. Fernando Ariel Martinez