[Users] ovirt 3.2 host network interfaces

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 22:21:19 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 09:39 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 01:52:10PM -0300, Eduardo Ramos wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Today I installed the new oVirt 3.2 on CentOS 6.3 using
>> www.dreyou.org repository and I liked so much. But, I'm having
>> problems setting networks into physical interfaces of the hosts. On
>> my production environment oVirt 3.1, I have several networks in my
>> eth1 interface, but in the new one, I can't do the same. When I add
>> a network to eth1, no other can be added to. The webadmin says me:
>> No valid operation for network2 and eth1.
>>
>> How can I add several networks to the same eth?

Could you describe your network configuration ? how the logical networks
are defined ? specifically are the networks are vm or non-vm networks
and do they have a vlan tag (the information can be taken from the
network main tab).

The ovirt network configuration supports a single non-vlan vm-network
attached to the nic or a non-vm network and vlan-tagged networks.

Is there currently any network attached to eth1 and if so - what are the
network definition?

> Could you attach the relevant part of your logs? I do not quite
> understand what you are trying to do.

According to the prompt error message the operation is blocked by the UI
on the 'setup networks' dialog - therefore no logs should be available
for that.