[Users] iSCSI multipath with EqualLogic SAN

Sven Knohsalla s.knohsalla at netbiscuits.com
Thu Feb 21 14:55:21 UTC 2013

Hi Baptiste,

usually a SAN doesn't support bonding (see post of Nicolas) of its interfaces,
so you have to use multipathing technology.

You have to separate all nics in different subnets so multipath can work.
Command multipath -ll with show the connected paths.

If you "merge" all paths in one subnet you will have the result/behavior
you just posted.

So this is less oVirt related, more network specific.
We have a running iSCSI config with 4 networks and oVirt runs well.

Maybe the following link will help you here:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/DM_Multipath/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-DM_Multipath-en-US.pdf

Cheers,
Sven.