[Users] VNC web console

Dead Horse deadhorseconsulting at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:51:00 UTC 2013

My 2 cents here.
I think what he masses would like to ultimately see here is a pure web
based SPICE/VNC client nicely integrated into the user/admin portals. In
this regard the console becomes truly portable across operating systems and
browsers. The biggest win here is no longer having to be stuck with
Internet Exploder as the only browser on a windows client that can access a
spice console. At least on a Linux based client we have Firefox, but chrome
would be nice. Due to the current console situation what is completely out
in the cold here is tablets (granted you can use a vnc client on a tablet,
but painful due to manual connection steps ip/port/password ATM). Likewise
VNC != SPICE quality and interactivity wise on top of the other obvious
advantages or SPICE over VNC (EG: HW Accel via QXL). Also left out here are
OSX users for which a solution like this would console enable them as well.
- DHC