[Users] oVirt 3.2 and win 7 VM often in blue screen

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:48:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Chris Noffsinger wrote:
> This is a really great program to debug Blue Screens just FYI.  Its a lot
> easier to use than Microsoft's tools.
>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/BlueScreenView_d6200.html

Thanks! I'll check

>> It is the first win7 VM on final 3.2, while on another cluster with
>> 3.2 beta I have another similar one (same iso) that stays up for
>> several days without problem, so I presume something possible with
>> particular hw of this node:
>>
>> HP BL685c G1 with 32Gb of ram
>> AMD Opteron G2 (quad sockets dualcore)

I have to correct myself !
I have another infra where the node is a Dell R815 with

Here I still have 3.2 beta, and configured and left running 7 days ago 3 VMs

wxp
fedora 18
w7

I reconnect today to update to 3.2 final and I see that while wxp and
f18 are running, w7 VM had the same shutdown problem.... about 1,5
hours after booting....
So it seems the same, in fact I got the same warnings at today power
on of w7 VM.
See here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvTFFDZUdfR3gtT2c/edit?usp=sharing

This node is with cpu