[Users] VNC web console

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 11:04:21 UTC 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 21:11 , Jaco <ubuntumuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://cloudiad.com/analysis/doc1 it looks noVNC would be easier to integrate with.
> Thanks for the link - did not know that.
>
> I think noVNC has a bit more traction in the industry (with good reason), since is does seem to be a fairly simple & straight-forward client, whereas Guagamole is actually a more generic/general VNC (& RDP) proxy.
> In theory Guacamole may be extendible to the SPICE protocol, enabling a single interface for accessing instance consoles.
well, there is HTML5 SPICE client we have in mind for some time as well….it's a different project, but since the integration is as easy as (well, relatively:) adding the right web page with client I think it's still a better choice for initial implementation - http://www.spice-space.org/page/Html5
RDP sounds attractive though, also since it's pushing some of the processing to the server(or engine) side it may be more suitable for something like tablets  where I don't expect high performance on the client side, where novnc/html5spice is pushing the processing to exclusively)

hopefully we should see something in 3.3 already…any help welcomed:-) it can be already tested separately, even though the usage would be cumbersome, still, could give us more data what is worth integrating...

Thanks,
michal