[Users] USB Filter editor

René Koch r.koch at ovido.at
Sun Feb 24 18:46:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

RHEV provides a tool called USB Filter editor, which is a windows utility for creating an USB pass trough policy.
I haven't seen this tool available with the oVirt project.
Are there any plans to release this tool with oVirt, too?

As there are many guys from Red Hat on this list - can you give me some information about the use of the SQlite database used by the USB filter editor (license)?
Can I create an UI plugin to have the USB filter editor available in oVirt admin portal and use the SQlite database of the Red Hat tool as a data source for the USB devices and manufacturers or is this (for historical reasons) under some proprietary license?

Thanks a lot for your answers,
René