[Users] Introducing oVirt Monitoring UI-Plugin

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 12:21:44 UTC 2013

Hi René,

first of all, great job on releasing the Monitoring UI Plugin!

The plugin itself (start.html) looks nice and easy, and the UI is awesome (almost identical to default oVirt UI).

I see that you use a combination of CGI/Perl + jQuery to render the sub-tab UI. We're actually planning to extend the plugin API to accept HTML DOM elements in addition to "content URL" so that plugin-specific UI can be built and attached to WebAdmin UI directly on client, using JavaScript frameworks such as jQuery, Backbone, etc. :)

One question: in monitoring.js, after you call api.showDialog, you also call api.ready, but at that point api.ready has already been called, as it essentially kick-starts plugin initialization..

Can I add your plugin to http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins#Real-world_UI_plugins ?

Regards,
Vojtech