[Users] Project personas

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 18:09:00 UTC 2013

Thanks Noam for sharing this persona!

Here are some of my thoughts:

* Dan might be familiar with basic web technologies (HTML), but not necessarily with JavaScript language

* Dan would like to write a prototype UI plugin as fast as possible

> Tutorials and documentation on writing a plug-in, I imagine, perhaps a
> plug-in template or example he can read, understand and modify to fit
> his needs.

Yes, a tutorial or walk-through in addition to technical documentation/reference.

The plugin template is even better, e.g. "showcase" plugin that demonstrates different features on a fictional (sample) plugin. Maybe even some tutorials on YouTube.

> Does he need/want a way to distribute, promote, update, and
> manage his plug-in through oVirt.org? Perhaps he'd like users to be able
> to tell him whether they like it, ask him questions?

This is interesting, so far we only have dedicated repository for sample UI plugins. This reminds me of some "plugin marketplace" :)

One way to promote and discuss specific plugins would be via oVirt wiki, where each plugin would have a dedicated page maintained by the plugin author.

If we take this further, we could establish another dedicated repository for "real-world" plugins, in addition to having repository for "sample" plugins.

All of the above are just ideas..

Regards,
Vojtech