[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 15:34:08 UTC 2013

On 26/02/2013 15:55, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Itamar Heim  wrote:
>> On 26/02/2013 15:13, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>>
>>> I remember someone talking about an option of setting spice to operate
>>> over wan, in the sense that this way automatically it would disable
>>> effects in windows 7 VM, ecc...
>>> I don't remember if this is a VM parameter, hook or other...
>>> Or if this is an option available only in RHEV-M
>>

>> iirc, it's a checkbox in the user portal to pass the wan option flag to
>> spice.
>>

> Thanks for answering. I thought this too, but these are the only
> options I see in User Portal
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvZ1NXVG8yb1VqTkk/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Gianluca

commit ac020ab8229a1edfdb62f69e7bdf01655f70c01b
Author: Tomas Jelinek <tjelinek at redhat.com>
Date:   Wed May 30 15:14:18 2012 +0200

     userportal: spice client properties

     Added the "Enable WAN Options" checkbox to the
     edit console popup. It is visible, when all of
     the following conditions are met:
     - the selected VM is a windows VM
     - the spice is available
     - the spice radio button is selected
     - the spice guest agent is installed on the VM

     If the above conditions are met, and the checkbox is
     checked, the "WANDisableEffects" and "WANColorDepth"
     from the vdc_options table are set to the spice plugin
     as the "DisableEffects" and "ColorDepth" properties.

     In other case, nothing is set to the "DisableEffects"
     and "ColorDepth" properties.