[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:19:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

>     userportal: spice client properties
>
>     Added the "Enable WAN Options" checkbox to the
>     edit console popup. It is visible, when all of
>     the following conditions are met:
>     - the selected VM is a windows VM
>     - the spice is available
>     - the spice radio button is selected
>     - the spice guest agent is installed on the VM
>
>     If the above conditions are met, and the checkbox is
>     checked, the "WANDisableEffects" and "WANColorDepth"
>     from the vdc_options table are set to the spice plugin
>     as the "DisableEffects" and "ColorDepth" properties.
>
>     In other case, nothing is set to the "DisableEffects"
>     and "ColorDepth" properties.

In my case

>     - the selected VM is a windows VM --> OK
>     - the spice is available --> OK
>     - the spice radio button is selected --> OK

>     - the spice guest agent is installed on the VM
here on oVirt we don't have the proprietary spice guest agent but
spice-guest-tools-0.3.exe that install several things and also spice
guest agent
(cut and paste works for example)
Can we say OK also to the latest point or do I need anything only
present in proprietary agent package?
In the first case it is a sort of bug (for example the check for agent
needs to be changed...?), in the second one ok, I have understood the
reason.

Thanks,
Gianluca