[Users] 3.2 final and status of spice console in ie

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:22:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>>> Also, inside the section regarding portals I noticed that the file
>>> /usr/share/ovirt-engine/engine.ear/root.war/index.html
>>>
>>> is different from what written into the wiki... I didn't change it
>>> yet, in case you want to retain some sort of 3.1 compatibility...
>>> In case let me know and I'll update that too.
>> I'd go ahead and change it, no need to keep obsolete information
>
> Ok, done.

One question about the rendering of the proposed spice.html page in the wiki.
At the end of the two "manual install" sections and before the
uninstall one there is a code that should propose a button (?) or
something to manual install

choose "save target as"</p>
8) Click the close button once it is done to complete the install

9) The Spice Remote-Viewer Client/ActiveX Plugin is now installed and
you will be able to view the consoles of your vm's in the User/Admin
portals.
 here a script section that seems not to be rendered, its code is:
>---<
<script type="text/JavaScript">
getHttpHref("spice/virt-viewer-0.5.3.exe","Spice Remote-Viewer
Client/ActiveX Plugin");
</script>
<a name="manual-uninstall1"></a>
>---<

Windows XP (x86)/Server 2003/R2 (x86/x64) Uninstall Instructions:

1) *Important* Close all open Internet Explorer windows/sessions!

But actually I don't see anything between point 9) and the line with

Windows XP (x86)/Server 2003/R2 (x86/x64) Uninstall Instructions:

Is there anything wrong with the snippet code?
I don't understand what should appear in the rendering that I'm able
to right-click to manual install....

Tried both in firefox and in IE and nothing appears as a consequence
of this javascript code...
If I directly go to

https://tekkaman.localdomain.local/spice/virt-viewer-0.5.3.exe

I get the prompt to download/install the exe, so I think I correctly
put my files...

Thanks Gianluca