[Users] what is "distributed image repository"

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:55:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM, bigclouds  wrote:
> there is a sentense 'Implements a distributed image repository over the
> supported storage types (local directory, FCP, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SAS)
> '  on http://www.ovirt.org/Architecture.
>
> what is "distributed image repository"?
>
> thanks.

Example
I have a test environment where a Host is connected to several FCP LUNs.
Each LUN becomes a storage domain for this host and the other hosts in
the same cluster.
So I have many VMs whose images resides on different storage domains
(and so different LUNs).
I can move a disk of a VM from a storage domain to another one.
I think you can also have a mixed situation where a two disks' VM has
one disk on a storage domain and the other one in another.

So I think it is to be explained this way the  "distributed image repository".

And also "distributed" in the sense of different storage domain types,
even if I think at this time one DC cannot have a mix of different
storage domain types...

Gianluca