[Users] Intel and AMD in one cluster

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 17:08:16 UTC 2013

no. since vm's get the HW configuration from the host they are run on,
migration will have to change the vm's HW (from AMD to Intel for
example) which is not possible.
you can use two clusters in the same Data Center but cannot mix the host
CPU name (as in have one cluster with 1 AMD and 1 Intel)

On 02/27/2013 06:59 PM, Jakub Bittner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question if it is possible to have Intel (Intel Penryn
> Family) based server in one cluster with Amd(Six-core AMD Opteron
> Processor 2435) based server. If I want to add them to one cluster it
> will not let me do this. Is there any way how to solve it. I want to
> test ovirt, but I have only  servers, 1 AMD, 1 Intel :-(
>
> Thank you
>
> Jakub Bittner

Dafna Ron