[Users] 3.2 final and status of spice console in ie

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Thu Feb 28 11:34:26 UTC 2013

tor 2013-02-28 klockan 12:13 +0100 skrev Juan Jose:
Many thanks,

But to me one question arise, with a Windows clients, XP or 7, any version, it's possible to use the User Portal to be able users lauch the VM console?, or it's mandatory to have Fedora clients with spice-xpi for firefox.
It would seem impossible with oVirt-3.1, which is the biggest reason why we cannot take into any real production at the moment:( What good does it do that it works with Fedora when the total of people using it counts to 1(me)?

On the other hand, if Spice consoles in windows clients can't be used for oVirt 3.1, is It possible open VM consoles from Windows clients with VNC? and in affirmative case, is there some how-to similar to Spice how-to?
RealVNC, TightVNC etc. But in my opinion the addidtional steps to launch the console required by our potential customers are too much of a turn off compared the one-click experince they´d get with SPICE.

/Karli

Many thanks in avanced,

Juanjo.