[Users] ovirt / 2 iscsi storage domains / same LUN IDs

Alex Leonhardt alex.tuxx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:36:54 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I was doing some testing around ovirt and iscsi and found an issue where as
when you use "dd" to create "backing-stores" for iscsi and you point ovirt
to it to discover & login, it thinks the LUN ID is the same although the
target is different and adds additional paths to the config
(automagically?) bringing down the iSCSI storage domain.

See attached screenshot of what I got when trying to a "new iscsi san
storage domain" to ovirt. The Storage Domain is now down and I cannot get
rid of the config (???) how do I force it to logout of the targets ??

Also, anyone know how to deal with the duplicate LUN ID issue ?

Thanks
Alex

--

| RHCE | Senior Systems Engineer | www.vcore.co | www.vsearchcloud.com |