[Users] host deploy and after reboot not responsive

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 10:09:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:57:03AM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Dan Kenigsberg  wrote:
> > Gianluca, how about softening our ntpd requirement with something like
> > http://gerrit.ovirt.org/11291 ?
> >
> > Could you verify that it's working on your system?
>
> Yes, I can test the change the service modification for vdsmd.
> I presume you want me to test it with default fedora 18, so chronyd
> enabled and ntpd disabled, correct?

Yes. though my patch may generate excessive noise, with its attempt to
start two conflicting service. I suppose that we can/should "want" only
chrony. But please provide your input.

> BTW: in case of indipendent services both enabled in a target level,
> how systemd processes them, in parallel?
> In old style init there were
> S25
> S35
> that ruled the start order, together with some rules inside scripts
> themselves such as
>
> # Proveides: ....
> # Required-Start: ....

I'm no systemd expert, but I believe that it build a dependency tree,
and attempts to start independet services in parallel, to save time.

Dan.