[Users] Thin provisioning extending while "Make template" still a bug?

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 09:52:24 EST 2013

Hi Adrian,
Sorry for the late respond.

Please see inline comments,
and feel free if there are any more questions, or other issues which you
want us to address to.

p.s. Since some of the responds were in different threads, I gathered
all of them to this email.

> 3) About the attached logs the virtual machine made from template was
> finally made at:
> 2012/12/22 17:21
> Logs are from 16:17 to 17:21 aproximately and I might reuse them to
> ask why it takes so long to make the virtual machine while checking
> the storage image at /home/storage (its size) it would seem that the >
copy has finished.
> I think that the "Make vm from template" task started about 30
> minutes or 40 minutes before it being finished. Well, that's the
> average time it takes for me.
Since you are creating a server the default behaviour is to clone your
disks, which means engine calls copyImage to the SPM.