[Users] Wiki: Network summary page

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Jan 6 20:10:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 05:12:12PM +0100, Adrian Gibanel  wrote:
> As I mentioned on another message I've been given wiki edition permissions. I was supposed to write a way of having hostonly networks thanks to libvirt and thanks to a former mailing list message but... Here's what happened. I wanted to know if there was something in the wiki about it and... So...
>
> Here's my wiki page:
> http://www.ovirt.org/User:Adrian15
>
> And here there's a kind of Network summary of what you can find on the oVirt wiki itself about network and mainly my thoughts about them:
> http://www.ovirt.org/User:Adrian15/Network_Index
>
> As you can see there are some ideas:
>
> * The mockups are not clearly defined as such in their own pages and there should be a common header for that
> * Some mockups are too hidden from main page.
> * There's no a central way of knowing the supported oVirt network topologies (now with my index it's a bit easier)
> * Network stuff is messed up with some bits in one place and some bits in another place.
>
> Not sure when I'll be able to write to continue this Network index writing and the host-only one because I've already a lot of time with this little summary but if you think that I can search for another term in wiki search instead of "Network" that unveils other networks page don't hesitate to tell me it.
>
> So... Enjoy and improve! (As this is a wiki).

Thanks, Adrian. Revamping the networking topic on the wiki is a great
initiative - it should not be tucked away in a personal sub page. It
would be great if you could tag network-related pages with a
"Networking" category, and move your summary to that category's page.

P.s I am a bit confused on what you mean about hostonly network - is
this related to http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Nicless_Network ?