[Users] oVirt warning about memory usage

Amador Pahim apahim at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 19:05:12 UTC 2013

On 01/07/2013 06:18 AM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just seen a memory usage warning in oVirt's Admin Interface saying the
> available memory is below threshold of 1024MB - however - when I
> checked the host, it had still 20GB left ?
>
> See screenshot.
>
> Alex

The message is happening due to "memAvailable" statistic coming from vdsm. The memAvailable field can be negative and considers a set of values from different sources to compose its result (free memory, cached memory, resident set size from qemu processes, committed memory from running vms and host reserved memory