[Users] What do you want to see in oVirt next?

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 8 02:59:00 UTC 2013

Jiri Belka:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 11:30:12 +0800
> Shu Ming <shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Jiri Belka :

>>> 1. Virtual Serial Port
>>>      * accessible via network
>>>      * accessible encrypted via network (qemu doesn't do it yet,
>>> IIRC)
>>>      * vSPC-like (virtual serial port concentrator) app which would
>>> act as "proxy" to access individual VM's virtual serial ports
>>>
>>>      - vmware docs: http://tinyurl.com/7dg3ll5
>>>      - vSPC 3rd party info:
>>>        http://isnotajoke.com/vmware_virtual_serial_ports.html
>> Here is the work undergoing:
>>
>> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/10381/
> Hi,
>
> are you able to migrate such VM? If I read it correctly it is vdsm
> which is doing network part to access virtual serial console which
> connects to local PTY device.

If the VM is migrated to another host, another host port should be
reconnected.

> So the idea would be something like this? 'conserver' -> ovirt-sdk/cli
> -> remote serial console via HTTP streaming handler ???
>
> jbelka

It is like: conserver in vdsm ---> http port multiplexing --->

remote serial console via HTTP streaming handler

ovirt-sdk/cli is not necessary here,  it was only used to create a sample VM in this patch test.

--
---
舒明 Shu Ming