[Users] OS-independent ovirt-engine distribution archive

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 09:24:11 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

When using maven the whole concept of "official" archive is different.
BSD ports build from source, so it should download sources, and sources do not include any of the external dependency nor binaries.
Am I right so far?

The problem with maven is that it downloads dependencies during source build, which is invalid approach as far as build methodology is concerned... but it is what it is.

The Fedora project added wrapper to force maven to use local repository and for maven artifacts to be installed at this local repository. This is healthy solution as you build dependencies as standard packages, then maven will fetch and use these local packages.

What you seek is binary distribution so ports will use binaries, is that matches *BSD policy?