[Users] Can I move local_cluster in all-in-one setup?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:21:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Itamar Heim rote:

> you can't move a cluster while it associated to a DC, you need to delete
> the DC first.
> the AIO is intended to ramp you up. if you know what you are doing, to can
> change anything you want later on.
>
> as for making the rhevm network vlan'd at setup time, adding a few
> installer/network folks.

You say that I have to delete the DC first, but I think I can't delete a DC
if it contains some cluster...

If I understood correctly what written in another thread
(due to the problems related to archiving I have nto a link, because it was
started on 27/12/12; its subject was
[Users] tagged vs untagged and sharing the interface
)
with the target to edit ovirtmgmt for a pre-existing DC, named DC1,
containing a cluster CL1 it was prposed a possible workflow (not tested
said the op)

1) create temporary datacenter DC2
2) put CL1 in DC2
3) edit ovirtmgmt in DC1
4) put CL1 in DC1 again
5) delete DC2

If this is correct, how can I do it, in terms of operations related to
hosts, storage, clusters?
I don't find one because I don't understand how to complete 2)
Otherwise if 2) is not possible how can I do?

Thanks and sorry if I was not clear before...

Gianluca