[Users] Can I move local_cluster in all-in-one setup?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:47:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM, René Koch (ovido)  wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> You could try the following:
>
> 1) Create new datacenter and cluster
> 2) Set VLAN for ovirtmgmt network in new DC
> 3) Delete localhost from Default cluster
> 4) Configure VLAN tagging on host manually
> 5) Join localhost to new cluster using oVirt Admin Portal
>
> Before joining localhost to the new cluster, comment out rebooting in
> vds_bootstrap_complete.py:
>
> $ vi /usr/share/vdsm-bootstrap/vds_bootstrap_complete.py
> #        deployUtil.reboot()
>

> Regards,
> René

Hello,
I worked on this and
1) ok
2) ok
3) ko
Error while executing action:
Cannot remove Host, as it contains a local Storage Domain.
Please activate the Host and remove the Data Center first.
- If Host cannot be activated, use the Force-Remove option on the Data
Center object
(select the Data Center and right click on it with the mouse).
- Please note that this action is destructive.

---> I put host in maintenance but get the same result, so
---> force remove datacenter local_datacenter
got warning related to sp domain possible problems (in my case empty so I
then removed the directory and recreated it empty

4) it was already ok with classic ifcfg-em3.65 file in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
5) ok
6) create a new data domain of type local_host --> ok
7) activate iso domain and upload some isos --> ok

8) test to create win 7 32 bit vm --> ok

But when I try run once I get:

 Error:

w7test:
Cannot run VM. There are no available running Hosts in the Host Cluster.

I attach images for
cluster view
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvMkFoUExLOVM5c1U

storage view
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvZFBwLXlhX0hISHc

network view
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvV2tTQkRBVVgzT28

vm view
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mva0hjR18wa2JTN1E

It seems all ok to me...
engine.log, cut arounf the vm creation, is here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwoPbcrMv8mvWF96R2VYVUJoNDQ

Instead in vdsm.log I don't see any error...

Thanks for your help debugging this

Gianluca