[Users] Configure NFS resource from Host

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 10 02:20:03 UTC 2013

jj197005:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to configure and install oVirt for test in our University
> faculty. I have installed an engine an a host, both of them with
> Fedora 17. The engine is working and I can log-in in the Data Center
> with admin user. I have tried to add my host to the data center portal
> and I successfully done. After that I have tried to add a NFS resource
> which is in the host that I have added. If I open a console in the
> engine and log-in as vdsm user, I can mount the NFS resource without
> problems. The problem is when I tried to add this NFS resource to the
> Data Center.

Have you tryied to open an console in the host and tried the same
command in the host as in the engine?

> I have followed the tutorial
> http://www.ovirt.org/Quick_Start_Guide#Configure_Storage, but when I
> have completed the form and pressed "Ok", after one or two minutes I
> receive one screen with bellow error:
>
> "Error: A Request to the Server failed with the following Status Code:
> 500"
>
> I'm attaching the vdsm.log file with the lines that are created with
> this operation. I hope that someone can show me what is the problem.
> If you need more information aboout the installation I can show it.
>
> Many thanks in avanced,
>
> Juanjo.

---
?? Shu Ming
Open Virtualization Engineerning; CSTL, IBM Corp.
Tel: 86-10-82451626  Tieline: 9051626 E-mail: shuming at cn.ibm.com or shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, PRC