[Users] What do you want to see in oVirt next?

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 05:20:20 UTC 2013

On Jan 3, 2013 4:15 PM, "Moran Goldboim" <mgoldboi at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/03/2013 07:42 PM, Darrell Budic wrote:

>>> For me, I'd like to see official rpms for RHEL6/CentOS6. According to
>>> the traffic on this list quite a lot are using Dreyou's packages.
>>

>> I'm going to second this strongly! Official support would be very much
appreciated. Bonus points for supporting a migration from the dreyou
packages. No offense to dreyou, of course, just rather be better supported
by the official line on Centos 6.x.

> EL6 rpms are planned to be delivered with 3.2 GA version, and nightly
builds from there on.
> hopefully we can push it to 3.2 beta.
>
> Moran.
>

>> Better support/integration of windows based SPICE clients would also be
much appreciated, I have many end users on Windows, and it's been a chore
to keep it working so far. This includes the client drivers for windows VMs
to support the SPICE display for multiple displays. More of a client side
thing, I know, but a desired feature in my environment.

>> Thanks for the continued progress and support as well!

>> Darrell Budic
>> Zenfire

Will the EL6 releases also include an EL6 version of ovirt-node?  If not
will the build dependencies for ovirt node be available to allow for custom
node iso builds?

- Trey